For the purpose of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations), your data is being collected by PPEXTRA, Unit 14, Shaw Wood Way, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN2 5TB, United Kingdom.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.ppextra.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, place an order on our site, submit an enquiry, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
If you Purchase from our Shop
If you place an order without opening an account, you will be asked to provide your name, postal address, billing address, payment details, email address and (optional) your telephone number.
We will use your name and email address to send you an order confirmation email and a shipping confirmation email. We will also use your payment details to process payment for your order and your mail address and other contact details to ship your order to you. Such processing of your Personal Data is necessary to process your order; the legal basis for such processing of your Personal Data is therefore Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR. Please note that you are contractually required to provide us with such Personal Data and that without such Personal Data we will not be able to send you order-related communications or to fulfil your order.
If we Send you Service Updates
We use your Personal Data to send you important service announcements and up-dates regarding our Website or Internet Products or, if you are a subscriber, about your billing account status. When you become a community user or when you subscribe to our Internet Products, we will send you a welcome email to provide transactional information about your subscription or to verify your username and password. Such service announcements and updates contain important information relevant to your use of our Website and/or our Internet Products.
The processing of your Personal Data for such purposes is necessary for the performance of our services. The legal basis for such processing of your Personal Data is therefore Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR. Please note that you are contractually required to provide us with such Personal Data and that without such Personal Data we will not be able to send you service-related communication.
If you Contact our Customer Service
If you contact our customer service, we will communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your subscription. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your preferences.
Such processing of your Personal Data is necessary for the performance of our ser-vices; the legal basis for such processing of your Personal Data is therefore Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR. Please note that you are contractually required to provide us with such Personal Data and that without such Personal Data we will not be able to send you customer service related communications.
If you Subscribe to Newsletters and other Marketing Communications
When subscribing to our Internet Products or elsewhere on our Website you have the option to consent to receiving newsletters and other information on our products and services. If you “opt-in” we will send you promotional newsletters and inform you about offers, events and surveys via e-mail and through social media platforms. The legal basis for such processing of your data is your consent (Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR) or – if you are an existing customer or subscriber – our legitimate interest (Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR) in providing you with relevant marketing information. Please note that you are not legally required to provide us with your Personal Data. However, without your Personal Data we will not be able to send you our newsletters and other information as described above. You have the option to opt-out of these types of communication at any time by following the respective instructions in such communication.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
To enable us to monitor the usage of our website and the success of our marketing, we use Google Analytics , which uses a variety of cookies. These are used to track visitors and collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If PPEXTRA or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of PPEXTRA, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
For information on how to manage your cookie settings please follow the link for your browser:
For other browsers and mobile devices we recommend you use a search engine and enter something like “how to change cookie settings in [browser/device name here]”.